Epoxy Tooling Boards Suppliers
Base Materials provides a wide range of epoxy pattern and tooling materials designed for manufacturing high quality prepreg tools, master models and moulds.
Epoxy Features & Benefits
- Superior dimensional stability
- Smooth surface finish, free from porosity
- High temperature epoxy provides a consistent level of performance up to a maximum of 205°c
- Strong, resilient product. Easy to work with, producing accurate results
- Extremely low co-efficient of thermal expansion
- Available in a range of board thicknesses up to 200mm
- Patterns for all forms of carbon fibre mould production
- Short run direct mould applications for carbon fibre prepreg
- Vacuum forming and thermoforming
- Jigs and fixtures with heat requirement
To support our epoxy pattern and tooling materials Base produce a full range of specially formulated ancillary products that include adhesives, sealers, release agents and repair pastes.
Base Materials has many years' of experience in the development of mould and pattern tools and can assist with advice and training on using epoxy tooling board materials to achieve your project goals.
Contact us for more information about Base Materials' range of epoxy tooling boards.
EPOXY TOOLING BOARDS SELECTOR CHART
|Density (1 kg / m3)||680||720||780|
|Applications||Master modelsAutomotive Die ModelsVacuum forming at medium temperaturesLay-Up tools for low medium temperature curing prepregLight weight coring materials||Master modelsAutomotive Die ModelsVacuum forming at high temperaturesLay-Up tools for low medium to high temperature curing prepregDirect toolingCoring materials||Master modelsAutomotive Die ModelsVacuum forming at high temperaturesLay-Up tools for high temperature curing prepregDirect tooling|
|Key Properties||Very fine surface structureLow CTEGood temperature resistanceEasily machinedGood dimensional stability||Very fine surface structureLow CTEGood dimensional stabilityGood temperature resistance||Excellent surface structureLow CTE & high TGHigh mechanical strengthExcellent dimensional stability|
|Hardness (Shore D)||70||70||79|
|Coefficient ofthermal expansion(106K-1)||39||39||40|
|Deflection Temperature(Tg) oC||145||175||190|
|Compression strength (MPa)||50||50||53|
|Dimensions mm(Length x Width)||1524 x 608||1524 x 608||1524 x 608|
|Thickness mm||30, 50, 75,100, 150, 200||30, 50,75,100||30, 50,75,100|